- No Privacy. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you have no expectation of privacy in connection with your access to or use of the EMC Guest Café. Except as limited by applicable law, EMC may access, monitor, review, copy, delete, and disclose any electronic communications, such as e-mail messages, instant messages, or texts (including any personal communications using a personal account), websites or other content accessed, composed, sent, viewed, visited, downloaded, archived, received or stored using the EMC Guest Cafe, with or without prior notice.
- No Warranty. EMC provides the EMC Guest Café on an AS IS AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EMC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EMC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE EMC GUEST CAFE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE EMC GUEST CAFE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE EMC GUEST CAFE OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE INTERNET WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE EMC GUEST CAFÉ AND THE INTERNET WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE EMC GUEST CAFE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. EMC SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
- Restrictions. You must not:
- use the EMC Guest Cafe for any unlawful purpose including, for example, the installation or transmission of copyrighted material without permission of the owner of such material.
- access, download, send or receive material that would reasonably be considered offensive. This includes messages or other material that can be disparaging of, or offensive to, others based on their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or other protected classification. You must not access pornographic websites via the EMC Guest Cafe.
- use the EMC Guest Café to download and/or install unauthorized software on EMC IT Resources.
- do anything that could lead to a malware infection of EMC IT Resources.
- engage in malicious access to Internet sites (e.g., cracking, hacking), or creating or forwarding “junk email” such as cartoons and chain letters.
- release or disseminate any EMC confidential or restricted confidential materials using the EMC Guest Café.
- release or disseminate any personally identifiable information unless you have permission from the owner of such information to do so.
- use the EMC Guest Café to compete in any way with EMC or any of its products or services.
- Third Party Websites. You agree that EMC is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party web sites. You understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that EMC is not responsible for: (a) the quality of third party products or services; and (b) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that EMC is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL EMC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT, ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE EMC GUEST CAFE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EMC, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your and/or your agent’s access to or use of the EMC Guest Cafe.
- Copyright and Trademark Information. Copyright 2012, EMC Corporation. All rights reserved. EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. Other names appearing on the Internet may be trademarks of their respective owners. EMC prohibits use of any EMC trademark as a “hot” link to any EMC website unless EMC approves such use in writing.
To make it easier for employees and visitors to connect their non-EMC managed devices in our offices, EMC IT introduced the EMC Guest Café network. For employees, the EMC Guest Café network offers access to personal email and resources; minimal Internet filtering and virtual desktop support on Android and iOS devices. You will be prompted to enter your network ID and network password to access this network.
Please note: the EMC Guest Café network will not support EMC-managed devices nor grant access to EMC internal resources.
When attempting to log on to the EMC Guest Café network, visitors will follow these steps:
- Register their email address, password, phone number and EMC sponsor, who will verify the visitor has permission to join the network.
- Once the registration is submitted and approved, the visitor will receive a verification code to enter as they connect to the EMC Guest Café network.
- If the visitor needs assistance, they should contact their EMC sponsor to request help desk assistance.
Please see the below FAQ for more details.
1. Who can use this service?
- Any EMC employee or guest with a non-EMC managed device.
2. Are there any restrictions or requirements to sign up a guest for access?
- Any guest can access the EMC Guest Café network as long as he or she is sponsored by an EMC employee. EMC employees using the EMC Guest Café network will not have access to internal EMC resources. Employees will be prompted to enter their network ID and network password to gain access.
3. How long does it take to register a guest for access?
- After acquiring an EMC sponsor, guests will be asked to enter their EMC employee contact as well as their personal contact information.
4. Can I register my guest in advance or do I have to wait for their arrival at EMC to register?
- Yes, you can register your guest in advance, but your guest will still be required to enter their EMC employee contact upon registration.
5. Will I be able to register more than one person at a time?
- Yes. There is no limit to the amount of guests an EMC employee can sponsor.
6. Is there a URL for registration?
- No. The EMC Guest Café network will be present when you attempt to log on to a wireless network. Upon choosing the network, guests will be prompted to enter their contact information. EMC employees will enter their network ID and network password to gain access.
7. Will I receive instructions for my guest on how to access the service after signing them up?
- There will be no instructions for guests on how to access the network. Once a guest has entered his or her contact information and received authorization by an EMC sponsor, access will be immediately granted.
8. Are there any restrictions to using the Guest Wireless Internet service?
- Guest wireless Internet access will only allow guests to access basic Internet functions. Basically any web address that uses the prefix “http://” and “https://” is available to your guest.
9. Is this web access filtered or monitored in any way?
- Yes, the Internet access is fully monitored and filtered. It is filtered the same way any other Internet access is filtered within EMC. If you can get to a website at your desk, your guest will be able to access the same site. If you cannot access a site at your desk, your guest will also be unable to access that site either.
10. Can my guest access IRC, FTP, VPN, or other Internet service other than http & https?
- Guests do not currently have the ability to connect to their company VPN. However, EMC IT is working on this solution and will update when it becomes available.
11. What EMC sites currently have the EMC Guest Café network available?
- Currently, only Southboro Building 5 is currently enabled for EMC Guest Café. However, EMC IT will soon introduce the network to all global EMC locations.
12. The EMC Guest Café network isn’t available in my building. How do I request it?
- EMC IT is rolling out the network to all EMC locations. Stay tuned for future updates from EMC IT.