(Please read & accept the Terms & Condtions at the bottom of this document)
You (the “User”) are about to access the Internet through a wireless Internet access node (the “Service”) operated by Los Angeles World Airports. The purpose of the Service is to provide free public wireless Internet access to visitors of Los Angeles World Airports.
You may use the Service only if you agree to the following terms of service each time you access the Service.
Terms of Service (TOS)
Access to Wi-Fi.
The WiFi service is a free service provided by Los Angeles World Airports. Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Los Angeles World Airports, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for Los Angeles World Airports, disruption of access to other Users or networks, or violation of applicable laws or regulations. Los Angeles World Airports may revise the TOS at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
This is an open wireless network.
No network communication is 100% secure.
Please remember: NO network communication should be considered private or protected. All communication over Los Angeles World Airports network is subject to monitoring. Los Angeles World Airports reserves the right to reduce throughput or access as required.
Acceptable Use of the Service.
Your use of the Service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of Los Angeles World Airports, or any third party. Los Angeles World Airports cannot accept any responsibility for any injury or loss that results from inaccurate, unsuitable, offensive, or illegal Internet communications.
You acknowledge (i) that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free; (ii) that viruses or other harmful applications may be available through the Service; (iii) that Los Angeles World Airports does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection. (iv) Individuals using the System are subject to having all of their activities on the System monitored and recorded by authorized personnel. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that the information gathered by such monitoring may be used in criminal and civil investigations and actions. If such information reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, such information may also be provided to law enforcement officials.
THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS IS, AS AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, INDEMNITIES AND GUARANTEES WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT OR SERVICE AND THE OPERATION, CAPACITY, SPEED, FUNCTIONALITY, QUALIFICATIONS, OR CAPABILITIES OF THE SERVICES, GOODS OR PERSONNEL RESOURCES PROVIDED HEREUNDER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW, CUSTOM, PRIOR ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENTS BY LOS ANGELES WORLD AIRPORTS, OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT) ARE HEREBY OVERRIDDEN, EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE, LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of Liability and No Consequential Damages.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LOS ANGELES WORLD AIRPORTS, ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, BASED ON CLAIMS OF CUSTOMER, ITS APPOINTEES OR ITS OR THEIR CUSTOMERS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, DAMAGE, OR THEFT OF YOUR SYSTEM OR DATA, CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF DATA, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE, STOPPAGE OF OTHER WORK OR IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER ASSETS, OR DAMAGE CAUSED TO EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMS FROM ANY VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL APPLICATION), ARISING OUT OF BREACH OR FAILURE OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, MISREPRESENTATION, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT LOS ANGELES WORLD AIRPORTS OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR VOLUNTEERS MAY INCUR IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT APPLY ONLY IF AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW OR A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION REQUIRES LIABILITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW BEYOND AND DESPITE THESE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
THE USE OF THE SERVICE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES IS PROHIBITED:
System (Data and Voice) Prohibited Uses:
1. Account & Password Confidentiality. Revealing any of your System account and or password information to others or allowing use of your accounts by others.
2. Denial of Service. Interfering with or denying service to any user or information system (for example, a denial of service attack).
3. Exporting Software and Information. Export of software, technical information, encryption software or technology, in violation of United States or International export control laws.
4. Fraud. Making fraudulent offers of products, items, or services utilizing System information system resources.
5. Harassment. Using System to actively engage in procuring or transmitting material that is in violation of United States Federal, State, or City law.
6. Intellectual Property. Violations of the intellectual property rights of any person or company, including copyright, trade secret, trademark, patent or other such rights, or of similar laws or regulations prohibiting the installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use or distribution.
Unauthorized copying or sharing across the System of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books or other copyrighted sources, copyrighted music, and the installation of any copyrighted software for which the end user does not have a current license.
7. Malicious Code or Viruses. Introduction of malicious programs (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.) into any network or any other information system resource.
8. Network Monitoring. Executing any form of network monitoring which will intercept data not intended for the user’s own computer.
9. Network Scanning. Port scanning or any other such network or security scanning is expressly prohibited unless prior notification and approval by LAWA is obtained in writing.
10. Release of Confidential Data. Providing information about, or lists of, people, practices, customers or any other confidential information to parties not authorized by the owners of such information.
11. Security Breach. Effecting security breaches of any information system or disruptions of any network communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which the user is not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that the employee is not expressly authorized to access, unless these duties are within the scope of regular duties. For purposes of this section, “disruption” includes, but is not limited to, network sniffing, pinged floods, packet spoofing, denial of service, and forged routing information for malicious purposes.
12. Unauthorized Distribution, Disclosure or Use of Intellectual Property or Confidential Information. Distribution, disclosure or use of Software (in object or source code) trade secret information, technology, know-how, methodologies, confidential information or other proprietary data without company authority.
Email and Communications Prohibited Uses:
1. Chain Letters. Creating or forwarding “chain letters” or “pyramid” schemes of any type.
2. Forgery. Forging of any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or newsgroup posting.
3. Harassment. Any form of harassment via email, telephone or paging, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.
4. Identity Falsification. Unauthorized use, or forging, of email or voice mail accounts or information to falsify the user’s identity.
5. Solicitation. Sending unsolicited voice mail, wireless pages, or email messages to LAWA employees in a manner that constitutes harassment. This includes the sending of “junk mail” or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material (email “Spam”, unauthorized and/or unsolicited electronic mass mailings).
6. Threats, Slander, and Libel. Any form of threat, slander, libel or any other inappropriate comments made via any communications media.