Salt Lake City International Airport
Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read the following information carefully before using this service
Welcome to the wireless high-speed Internet access system (“Wi-Fi System” or “Service) at Salt Lake City International Airport. These “Terms and Conditions of Use”, govern your rights and responsibilities as user (“user”) and our rights and responsibilities as Provider (“Airport”) relating to the use of the Wi-Fi System at Salt Lake City International Airport (“SLCIA”).
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
BY CLICKING ON “I AGREE” ON THE SERVICE SIGN-UP PAGE, YOU REPRESENT THAT:
- YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; AND
- YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not use the Service. Your electronic acceptance of the Agreement by clicking on the “I AGREE” on the sign-up page has the same effect as if you had actually signed the Agreement. The effective date of this Agreement is the date that you click on “I AGREE”.
Fee for Service
The Service at Salt Lake City International Airport is provided “free of charge” as a value added service to the traveling public.
Monitoring the Services
The Airport has no obligation to monitor the Service, but may do so and disclose information regarding use of the Service for any reason if the Airport, in its sole discretion, believes that it is reasonable to do so. Likewise, the Airport may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong.
The Airport may, but is not responsible to screen or restrict access to any content placed on or accessible through the Internet. Airport also may, but is not responsible to screen or restrict communications between parties via the Internet. You acknowledge that if you access the Internet, you may receive or be exposed to content, goods or services which you consider to be improper, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive. You also acknowledge the Airport may restrict access to some content and that such content may not be available through the Service. You agree that Airport is not liable for any action or inaction with respect to any such content on the Internet accessible or inaccessible through the Wi-Fi System.
Wireless systems, such as the Service, use radio channels to transmit voice and data communications over a complex network. Privacy cannot be guaranteed. Airport is not liable to User or any other party for any lack or invasion of privacy that may occur or be experienced while using the Service. User acknowledges that the Service is not inherently secure and that wireless communications can be intercepted by equipment and software designed for that purpose. User further acknowledges that he/she is responsible for taking such precautions and providing such security measures best suited for User’s situation and intended use of the Service. User agrees to and hereby assumes all risks (including, but not limited to, the risks of damage caused by hackers, worms, trojans or viruses) connected to User’s use of the Service.
Use of Service
The Service is not intended for tenant, vendor or business use and should not be used for business purposes. The Airport is not responsible for any impact to or interruption of business resulting from the use of the Service.
User agrees not to use or attempt to use the Service for any fraudulent, unlawful, harassing, or abusive purpose or so as to damage or cause risk to the Airport, its business, reputation, employees, other Users, equipment or any third person. Improper uses specifically include (but are not limited to):
- violating any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation;
- posting or transmitting content User does not have the right to post or transmit;
- posting or transmitting content that infringes a third party’s trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy, or other right;
- posting or transmitting content that is unlawful, untrue, stalking, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortuous, threatening, obscene, hateful, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable as determined in the Airport’s sole discretion;
- attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- accessing, tampering with or using non-public areas of the Service;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- sending or attempting to send unsolicited messages, including without limitation, promotions or advertisements for products or services, “pyramid schemes,” “spam,” “chain mail” or “junk mail”;
- impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Service;
- transmitting any material that contains software viruses or any other “mal-code” designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfering with or disrupting the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- using the Service for high volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, hosting a web server, IRC server, or any other server;
- using the Service for voice content related services including, without limitation, chat lines.
- using any automatic method to avoid inactivity disconnect or to otherwise maintain a connection unless actively using it; or
- reselling the Service.
In the event that User violates this acceptable use policy, the Airport may take any one or more of the following actions, or other actions not listed, at the Airport’s sole discretion: (1) issue warnings: written or verbal; (2) temporarily suspend User’s access to the System; (3) permanently terminate User’s access to the System; and/or (4) bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
Notice Of Problems Or Complaints
If User experiences a problem accessing or using the Service, the problem should be reported by calling the phone number posted on the Support/FAQs page, or by sending an e-mail with details of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) days of the date on which the problem occurred.
Disclaimer Of Warranties And Limitation Of Liability
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE AIRPORT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE AIRPORT MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES. USER WAIVES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE AIRPORT OR THE INTERNET. USER EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE RISKS, AND ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO, THE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY. THE AIRPORT DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO SUCH RISKS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE AIRPORT OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. THE AIRPORT AND ITS EMPLOYEES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OR DAMAGES ARISING, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM USER’S USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE INTERNET, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, MULTIPLE, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Without prior notice, the Airport may terminate this Agreement or User’s access to the Service for any reason.
User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold the Airport harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liabilities, costs or damages arising out of User’s use of the Service or of any violation by User of this Agreement. User further agrees to pay Airport’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, experts’ fees and other costs in any action or claim under this Agreement.
Airport may, at its sole discretion, modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Such modifications shall be binding and effective upon the date of posting. User agrees to review the terms and conditions prior to each use of the Service to maintain awareness of any modifications. By continuing to use the Service after such postings, User agrees to accept and agree to any and all such modifications.
Jurisdiction, Venue and Limitations
This Agreement is governed by Utah law without regard to conflict of law provisions. The federal and state courts located in Utah alone have jurisdiction over all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement and the Services. User consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts sitting in Utah with respect to such matters. User further agrees, unless prohibited by law, that any controversy, claim, or dispute related to this Agreement or the Service must be brought by User within one (1) year of the date User is entitled to assert such claim.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such holding will not affect the validity of any of the other provisions of these terms and conditions.