I have been trying several of the available apps to remotely access my desktop from my tablet devices (I have an iPad and a Nexus 7 – Android), but the ones I have tried are usually clunky, slow, hard to setup or simply do not translate well to the new medium interface.
I was introduced to Splashtop 2 and I was in WOWed… (Still after a couple of weeks of use I am still very impressed !
Setup is super easy:
1) Install the desktop agent (they call t Streamer) – Available for Mac and Windows.
2) Create an account, if do not already have one.
3) Install the Splashtop 2 on your table device (iPad or Android)
4) You login to your account, and your computer(s) show up…
5) connect to your computer.
The most impressive item of all, and what it sold me on it: It displays the video and audio like you were in front of the computer!
Couple of items that take a bit getting used to:
– not everything on the desktop uses the touch interface!
– scrolling needs two fingers (instead of one)
Truly impressive implementation, and recommend its use…
Definitely worth checking out at: http://www.splashtop.com
Side note: The product is typically $20 but they are selling it right now for $4.99 right now on iTunes – which I think is a bargain for what it does!