One of the most common questions I am asked during Small-Medium Business (SMB) customer calls is why should I move from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise.
The simple (but not complete) answer is: The primary reason is because of the security features included in Enterprise.
Baseline functionality for both versions include:
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Defender
- Windows Firewall
- TPM support
- Windows Update feature.
- Device Encryption if the device hardware supports it.
- Windows Hello
The key features not included in Windows 10 Pro Edition are:
- Credential Guard
- Device Guard
- Defender Advanced Thread Protection (ATP)
- Windows Virtual Desktop Use Rights
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Microsoft User Environment Virtualization (UE-V)
- Cloud Activations
Some additional features not available, but are not really related to security are:
- DirectAccess Support
- Start Screen Control (with GPO)
- User Experience Control
- Windows to Go
- Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) version
Microsoft has created a page: Compare Windows 10 editions which gets into the many details associated with the differences. Check it out!