I find it very helpful to find resource pages on other sites.. I learn so much from what others are doing, and have booked-mark many! So here are a few of mine.
As I find things that *really* pop, I’ll add to it and reference this page often. Enjoy!
** NOTE: None of the links in this page are referral or affiliate links. These are my current recommendations.
The following are the tools and sites I use on my daily/weekly activities:
- Productivity and Collaboration:
- Microsoft Office 365 / OneNote / OneDrive / Teams
- Graphics Editing:
- Video Recording / Editing
- Davinci Resolve is my go to Video Editor. it is fantastic and free for personal use!
- OBS Studio (OBS) has been my go to software for all kinds of video recording and live-streaming. Since v26 the improvements have been simply incredible. A 100% must have.
- I also use the open source video transcoder, HandBrake to reduce the size of the video files.
- Then I changed to Video Editor Plus 2021 for Windows by Movavi.com on mid-December 2020 and love it!
- I have used : OpenShot Video Editor a free, open source, and video editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Photo Collection Organization Tool and Catalog
- Phototheca by Lunarship – Great tool to manage my digital photo collection, update the keywords and tags on the files, search photos and create virtual albums and much more. Definitely worth checking it out.
- Individual Productivity:
- FreeFileSync – free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Open Live Writer – THANK YOU Microsoft for open-sourcing Live Writer!
- VirtualBox – Free x86 virtual machine manager that runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and others.. (thank you Oracle! )
- Notepad++ – Free alternative to Notepad text editor for use with Microsoft Windows. Also a good source code editor
- TaskAgent – TODO list that works on iOS and Mac using DropBox text-based files. A live saver!
- Visual Studio and gitHub
- For social media posting scheduling:
As far as WordPress, I have been using it for ever! I am developer, and I am very well versed in its ecosystem. Check out at WordPress Site Configuration. Also I have written many WordPress related topics (tips, tools and resources) and can be found here
My preferred hosting sites, based on my needs are:
Primarily resources I use for doing work that I can not, or have the time to do…
I am constantly reading, (more accurately, listening – Audible.com – to books while I am on the road.. I track my latest reads at at GoodReads (look at the sidebar) and These are some of my all time favorites include:
- Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture
- The Platinum Rule
- The Wisdom of Teams
- Good to Great
- The World is Flat
- The Personal MBA
- The Seven Cs of Consulting by Mick Cope
- Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
Let me know if you have any recommendations!
PLEASE DO not be shy, I love to try tools and explore possibilities. If you have one please send it my way on Twitter