I love it! –
..but I must also be honest
A few initial thoughts and ramblings —
First – a big THANKS (bold, italics and underlined) to my teenage son for inviting me in!! — ( He did made me beg for it (a little) but let me easily it is funny that he received an invitation before I did… )
- Family, Close Friends, Buds, Work Friends, Acquaintances and Following…
It will be great (at some point in the future) is to have EVERYONE under one umbrella. However two things that are really clear:
- It is making me think as to how to categorize each of the people I know.. Good exercise!
- I have to decide where my public Profile will reside — (It looks like it will be my Gmail account) – this is counter what I have been working toward the past couple of years, as I have my own domain, but I am rethinking this…
- Not everyone is on it ( yet ) .
Although there are 10+million users (and it looks like another $10M next week), not all of my friends are there yet —
My family is having trouble with it at first… — Interesting symbiotic “monster” Facebook is…
To solve this challenge – I found
Start G+ (2) for posting simultaneously from Google Plus to Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Simple sharing of Picasa Photos with selected groups
I am not sure if the permissions work, but I love to be able to share my previously private photos. I have heard Picasa will be migrated to a new photo sharing service soon, which has many more integration features – I can not wait!
- Circles are private !
- Permissions are SO much easier –
- I trust Google with my information – I have always had issues with Facebook –
I am sure that much more is coming soon:
- Google+ for companies and public figures – not yet available . See this post
- Google+ is not available for Google Apps accounts as of yet – because of profiles! –
Link to explanation here(1)
- We talked about the new versions of Picasa and others
- iOS Application just came out today !! Link to it now
Aside from the so bad, that is funny “viral video” I am G+ — My first impression is that Google+ is a FANTASTIC product with TONS of potential, there are still some rough edges, and no one should forget it is a early preview / beta release .
(1) Update: Broken link removed. Original link: http://blog.merjis.com/2011/07/11/google-apps-user-google-1/
(2) Update: Broken link removed. Original link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hbgcgahdbgbdenffckohanhobdcnkoip?hl=en-US