I find it very helpful to find resource pages on other sites.. I learn so much from what others are doing, and have booked-mark many! So here are a few of mine.
As I find things that *really* pop, I’ll add to it and reference this page often. Enjoy!
** NOTE: None of the links in this page are referral or affiliate links. These are my current recommendations.
PLEASE DO not be shy, I love to try tools and explore possibilities. If you have one please send it my way via comments!
The following are the tools and sites I use on my daily/weekly activities:
- Golden Standards (Who doesn’t use them):
- DropBox / OneDrive
- Office 365
- Individual Productivity:
- TaskAgent – TODO list that works on iOS and Mac using DropBox text-based files. A live saver!
- FreeFileSync – free Open Source software that helps you synchronize files and folders for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- FastStone Capture – Free Screen Capture and Video Recorder.
- Open Live Writer – THANK YOU Microsoft for open-sourcing Live Writer!
- VirtualBox – Free x86 virtual machine manager that runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and others.. (thank you Oracle! )
- Paint.Net – is free image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows.
- Notepad++ – Free alternative to Notepad text editor for use with Microsoft Windows. Also a good source code editor
- Team Collaboration / Productivity:
- HostGator –
- For some less commonly knows tools:
I wrote a post specifically on this topic, which I continue to update.Check it out at WordPress Site Configuration. Also I have written many WordPress related topics (tips, tools and resources) and can be found here
Primarily resources I use for doing work that I can not, or have the time to do…
I am constantly reading, (more accuratelly, listening – Audible.com – to books while I am on the road.. I track my latests reads at at GoodReads (look at the sidebad) and These are some of my all time favorites include:
- Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture
- The Platinum Rule
- The Wisdom of Teams
- Good to Great
- The World is Flat
- The Personal MBA
- The Seven Cs of Consulting by Mick Cope
- Rework by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
Links to other resources follow:
- Coming Soon!