The last couple of years (2020 & 2021) were particularly hard years for many organizations as it relate to cybersecurity. So many attacks in so many forms ranging from internal ones focused on getting specific data / information to highly organized ones focused on disrupting operations all the way to state sponsored ones focus on creating disruption and Kaos across the field. We have seen a lot in every form and it is unsettling for sure.
Now more than ever, everyone needs to have a basic understanding of cybersecurity, and how we can help protect ourselves from theft and disruption.
I just created this video that explains the basics very well in less than 15 minutes. It will not make you a cybersecurity expert, but it really provides a baseline overview of the why, what and how cybersecurity best practices are so important to implement.
- Good overview of the Types of Cyber Attacks
- Malware, Phishing, Man-in-the-Middle, DDoS, Malvertising, Ransomware
- Explanation of the definition of Cybersecurity
- Explanation of Attacks and countermeasures
- Three Pillars of your Cybersecurity defense: People, Process & Systems
- Difference between EDR, XDR and MDR
Video Updated to Cybersecurity Fundamental video
Transcript available here
Hope this helps!
- In my search I came across multiple videos worth mentioning I used for reference and you can also review for further details –
- Cyber security fundamentals | Understanding Cybersecurity Basics (14 minutes)
- 8 Most Common Cybersecurity Threats | Types of Cyber Attacks | Cybersecurity for Beginners (22 minutes)
- Top Cyber Attacks In History | Biggest Cyber Attacks Of All Time | (18 minutes)
- What is XDR vs EDR vs MDR? Breaking down Extended Detection and Response (8 minutes)
- A Full Cybersecurity course:
- One full 8 hour video or 53 individual videos (longest 38 minutes)
- Cyber Security In 7 Minutes | What Is Cyber Security: How It Works? | Cyber Security ( 7 minutes)
- How To Sell Cybersecurity by GreenCloud Defense (14 minutes)
- Dell Technologies Managed Detection and Response – YouTube
- Microsoft Defender | Extended Detection and Response (XDR) – Microsoft Tech Community
- Zero Trust Model – Modern Security Architecture | Microsoft Security
- List of Cybersecurity Frameworks (mindmajix.com)
- Dwell Time In Security | ExtraHop