I have been doing whiteboard sessions with customers for many years. With all of us working from home (remote work) for a year, one of the things I’ve missed the most is doing whiteboards at customer sites.. It is a hard experience to replicate virtually.
A couple of years back I saw how impressive the use of lightboards can be in virtual meetings. A couple of weeks back I saw one of my co-workers using a lightboard again, and made me think of trying a completely virtual one.
Finally took sometime early this week (late at night) to try things out and figure it our. Excited that I learned how to do it. It has worked really nice with customers (at work) and figured I would share how to do it on my personal YouTube channel.
I finally got the time to create it and do it — here is the video. (sorry about the audio issues – will improve on the next one!)
I know it needs some polishing but it is a start… Hopefully it conveys the basic for you to try!
The tools I use: (some links are affiliate links)
- Windows 10 Laptop: Dell 7400 2-in-1 Core i5=8365U @ 1.60 Ghz, 4 Core (go to https://www.Dell.com )
- Second Monitor: Dell U3419W Curved WOW!
- (new model Dell 34 Curved Video Conferencing Monitor – C3422WE )
- Note: When traveling I use my iPad as a second monitor using Software )
- Tablet: iPad Mini
- Web Camera: AVerMedia Live Streamer CAM 313: Full HD 1080P Streaming Webcam, Privacy Shutter, Dual Microphone, 360 Degree Swivel Design, Exclusive AI Facial Tracking Stickers. (PW313)
- ZINGYOU Condenser Microphone Bundle, BM-800 Mic Kit with Adjustable Mic Suspension Scissor Arm, Metal Shock Mount and Double-Layer Pop Filter for Studio Recording & Broadcasting (Gold)
- Software on my Laptop:
- Open Broadcast Software for Windows –
- OBS-ndi – NewTek NDI™ integration into OBS Studio Plugin
- Animated Lower Thirds OBS Plugin
- Virtual Camera to remove background (virtual greenscreen): XSplit VCam (using free version with watermark)
- On Android phone:
- On my iOS device: (iPad)
- On my iOS device (phone)
- Epoch Camera App (using free version – with watermark / $7.99 to remove watermark)
- Light for night shooting: Elitehood 12’’ Ring Light & Floor Lamp 2-in-1 Design, 78’’ Adjustable Standing Lamp for Living Room Bedroom Office, Ring Light with Stand & Phone Holder for Streaming/YouTube Video
- Live DSLR Camera switcher Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini HDMI Live Switcher by Blackmagic Design ( not really needed – it is a luxury for what we do )
Leave your thoughts, comments, ideas on YouTube video comments section — They are welcomed!
(Side note: I have not posted anything to my jorgep.com YouTube channel in over 2 years which is shameful! )