This is part of a series (online business journey)
As mentioned in the previous post First Research, I began the process by doing a bit of research.
After the first couple of weeks of reading and listening to a number of resources (will post them separately, a bit of a theme started to resonate with me…
- Overnight successes are possible but rare. Prepare for the long-haul. (8-12 months!)
- LEARN –> IMPLEMENT –> MEASURE –> ITERATE. Get better!
- Write great content with voice and passion. (this will pull people in)
- Do not make it about the money (people will notice it – see #3) its about the lifestyle and freedom.
- Focus will be your biggest enemy.
- Too many things to distract you. Write your weekly / daily goals and stick to them!
- If you think it is easy, you are wrong.
- It is hard work to produce and get it rolling, but residuals over time can be high.
- Once traffic is rolling, then it is self contained.
- Give away lots free stuff with no strings attached. Become the expert!
- Receive questions over email — and then answer in a blog post or email for free!
How can you make money online:
- Solicit Donations
- CPM — legacy from old media (requires lots of traffic needed)
- PPC – Drive people to click!
- Banner Advertisement
- Sponsorships (podcast on a topic and sell
- Premium Memberships
- Coaching: Groups / Individual
- Product Sales (non-affiliate) / Reseller (drop ship it)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Webinars / Tele-seminars
- Digital Books / Goods / Training (Videos is the best today
- Sell your particular knowledge
Traffic is the oxygen your internet business needs to survive
Driving Traffic: (must have good content!)
- Buy traffic (not very Effective)
- Google Keywords
- Article Syndication.
- Show someone how to do something – then cross promote
TAKE ACTION! Move forward, test, measure, iterate
- You will learn with every step (forward or backwards) you take
Tags: getting started online business, making money online,