As we have mentioned in the past, many organizations are now moving from on-premises to a hosted solution (cloud computing). One of the greatest values out there (for what it contains) is Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS) — We expect to have many, many customers to continue to migrate into this platform.
With a set of migrations under our belt, we can talk about some tools that are available out there to help in this task.
- Microsoft BPOS provides good tools for the migration from on-premise Exchange , POP3 and Active Directory synchronization.
- MigrationWiz will currently migrate any internet accessible mailbox via IMAP and POP to Exchange Online
- (Have not tried it, but we hear it is pretty good)
- Free pre-migration test tools (free)
- Migrating from Lotus Notes and Novell GroupWise to Exchange Online
- Migrating from Lotus Notes Apps to and SharePoint Online
Before you proceed with the migration of email, consider what you want to migrate into the new environment, and how automated you want this process to be.
We will update this as new tools come up. Let us know of your experiences with these and others…