From an end-user computing point of view, Microsoft Ignite 2018 did not disappoint this year. Although Windows 10 was not the primary focus , deploying, managing and maintaining Windows devices using the entire Microsoft platform was definitely top of the billboard, and in particular Microsoft 365.
Many announcements were made around the Modern Workspace. Here is the list I compiled:
- Windows Autopilot extends to existing devices.
- Windows (Win32) app deployment using Intune.
- Security baselines for Windows 10 in Intune.
- Configuration Manager Integration with Desktop Analytics.
- Flexible management for Windows as a service.
- Secure your corporate apps and data, on any device.
- Introduction of Microsoft 365 Device Management.
- Unified Search Across Microsoft 365.
- LinkedIn integration with Outlook and Office apps.
- Password-less logins for thousands of applications.
- Introduction of Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Introduction of Windows 10 multi-user support.
- Introduction of a number of new AI tools to its Office productivity suite.
- OneDrive Files On-Demand for Mac.
- One Drive Files On-Demand Storage Sense integration.
- Improved Microsoft Secure Score ( security stance )
- Office 2019 is now available as a one-time purchase for commercial users
- Introduction of Microsoft Learn
- Lots of Microsoft Teams news
I plan to create individual posts for many of these over the next few weeks, as the truck-load of information is absorbed.
Did I miss any? Let me know @jorper98