Very interesting changes coming to Microsoft Stream platform…
Microsoft Stream Classic will retire on February 15, 2024
My FAVORITE: Virtual teleprompter
The teleprompter feature is a new addition to Microsoft Stream that allows you to add a scrolling script to your screen recording or video. This can be helpful if you need to read from a script while you are recording.
- Stream in Microsoft Teams:
- Analytics on Video
- Screen and Camera recording ( Canva style)
- New Editing features
- Microsoft Stream: The Future of Video in Microsoft 365 – Microsoft Community Hub
- The video was created by Mike Tholfsen, a Microsoft Certified Trainer and technology enthusiast. ( follow his channel – it is a great way to keep up to date in all things Microsoft)
Summary (Created by Google Bard)
- Updated homepage: The homepage has been redesigned with new options for creating content, including uploading videos, doing screen recordings, camera recordings, or creating playlists. There is also improved sorting and filtering, so you can easily find the videos you’re looking for.
- Screen recording: The new screen recorder allows you to record your screen, audio, and webcam. You can also add text, drawings, stickers, and a teleprompter to your recordings.
- Camera recording: The new camera recording feature allows you to record videos of yourself. You can also record audio only.
- Playlists: You can now create playlists of videos using Microsoft Lists. Playlists can be saved to your list or to a team.
- The teleprompter feature is a new addition that allows you to add a scrolling script to your screen recording or video. This can be helpful if you need to read from a script while you are recording.
- Stream in Microsoft Teams: There is a new Stream app for Microsoft Teams that brings the Stream homepage experience right into Teams.
- Analytics for videos: You can now see analytics for your videos, such as the number of views, viewers, and statistics over time. You can also control whether or not analytics are captured on a specific video.
- Preview experience: You can preview your videos to see what viewers will see. This is helpful for making sure that your videos are set up correctly.
- Improved SharePoint web part for Stream: The new SharePoint web part for Stream has a new view called theater view, which puts one main video front and center with a carousel of other videos below. You can also choose a grid view that shows all of the videos for a SharePoint site.