What is Windows Autopilot white glove?
The new Windows Autopilot white glove process, which lets IT technicians, partners, and even OEMs pre-provision devices before they are delivered to the user. Using this process, all device configuration tasks, including apps (machine-targeted or user-targeted), certificates, and policies, can be completed in advance, making it so that when the user gets the device, the device can be ready for productive use within a few minutes.
Is it available yet?
As if this writing it is not, but Michael Niehaus replied in one of the comments that it is a matter of “days” (this week or next)
Is there a video that explains how it works?
You can get more information at:
- Microsoft Documentation: Windows Autopilot for white glove deployment
- The Latest News on Windows Autopilot 5/21 blog post by Michael Nieahaus
- Windows Autopilot for white glove deployment – How to
- Windows Autopilot Companion on GitHub
- This repository contains a sample app that can be used to modify the settings of a device as part of a Windows Autopilot white glove process (introduced in Windows 10 1903). This demonstrates how to make just-in-time configuration adjustments, before pre-provisioning the device with needed apps and settings.