Workspace transformation is gaining lot of momentum at the moment. At its core, it is about letting users access data and applications securely anywhere anytime. Enabling users to quickly provision their devices is only part of the story. Request applications so they can quickly securely access the data without the large bureaucracy associated with IT organizations, is becoming second nature. Enabling anywhere authorization, authentication and provisioning requires a set of cloud-enabled technologies which ultimately provide agility, cost efficiencies and collaborative workplaces needed in today’s business environment.
It is not only about managing devices, but it is about Unified End-Point Management, Identity Management, Access Management and automated/conditional provisioning. Microsoft has a very strong messaging around this with it products sets including:
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Intune
- Windows Analytics
- Windows Autopilot
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Microsoft 365
Each of these products, on their own, have (or is in the process of changing) the landscape of the way we have managed the end-user compute (EUC) space and I am sure we will be listening to much more about this in the upcoming Microsoft Ignite conference in Orlando in a few weeks…
In the meantime:, below is a list of the sessions that were produced for Microsoft Tech Summit 2018 in the order I think should be seen:
- Azure Active Directory (BRK2084)
- Transition to cloud-based management of Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus with EMS (BRK3036)
- Create a modern workplace with Microsoft 365 (KeyNote)
- Always up to date with Windows 10 and Windows as a Service (BRK3024)
- Modernize deployment & servicing of Windows 10 & Office ProPlus with Enterprise Mobility + Security (Sydney Exclusive) (BRK3024)
- Modernizing Windows 10 Deployment with Windows AutoPilot (BRK3025)
- Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) by Vladimir Petrosyan ****
- Sister Session: Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) with Microsoft Intune
- An overview of Windows Analytics: New tools to help improve Windows experiences
- Moving to the modern Office: Getting your organization onto Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
Although it is a lot of content, for those of us in the EUC space, it is definitely think it is worth spending the time.
Hope this helps! Cheers!