Below you will find a short summary list on Windows 10 related topics which I have found interesting. I do share these with my peers and customers.. Enjoy!
Windows 10 represent a great opportunity to change the way customers deploy and manage devices, however it also represents a big challenge for many customer. As we visit customers, there are still a lot of them deploying Windows 10 without understanding of its capabilities or the “challenges” of the new Windows as a Service (WaaS) cadence.
New version of Windows 10 RELEASED:
Windows 10 v1709 Oct 17, 2017 (expected end of life July 2019 )
It is now available in WSUS — Do not forget to update your task sequences (use the right Index number!)
- Office 2007 – has officially reached end-of-extended support (and therefore End-of -Life!
- In their support blog dated October 17, 2017 Microsoft confirmed above statement)
- Office 2010 is on Extended Support until April Oct 2023
- Office 2013 will end Main stream support on Oct 13, 2020 and extended support on Oct 14 2025.
- Did you know that there are roughly 1.5 Billion users of Office ?
- Microsoft has stated that about 70% of them will be Office 365 by 2019!
- Windows 7 End of Extended Support date: January 14, 2020 :
- 812 days left to migrate your fleet!
- Reminders: Windows 10 v1511 End-of-Life:
- Windows 10 v1511 (aka: Redstone1 ) end-of-life Oct 10, 2017 REACHED!
- Windows 10 version 1511 end of service for CB and CBB
- Windows 10 v1607 (aka: Anniversary Edition) will end-of-life March 2018 (estimated)
- Windows 10 v1703 (aka: Creator’s Edition) set to end-of-life September 2018 (estimated)
- More information can be found at:
- Windows 10 Release Info Page
- Windows as a Service:
Hope this helps!