Disclaimer: I work for Dell EMC – #Iwork4Dell
This presentation by Kevin Kelly on Dell EMC World is excellent – Glad they brought him in. Lots of great food for thinking.
He covered 4 of the 12 questions he asks in his book: “The Inevitable, Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future.”
The complete list on this blog post.
- What would you do if you had 1,000 minds working for you 24/7?
- What makes great experiences?
- What can be accessed rather than owned?
- What can you do with a billion people simultaneously in real time?
Some of the answers he gives include:
- Artificial power and intelligence makes it possible!
- Gain access to a product or a service then you can give it back; this is preferred over ownership. We are transitioning from products to services.
- Virtual reality or Internet of experiences open a new era where experiences become the new currency
- With examples like Facebook and Wikipedia, we realize that sharing, collaboration, cooperation, and social platforms are key for our future.
Highly recommended to watch!